für 4 Personen
- 550 g butter
- 1 vanilla pod
- 125 g sugar
- 4 eggs (size M)
- 1 Pck. vanilla sugar
- 100 g flour
- 60 g starch
- 8 g baking powder
- 1 tin pineapple
- 1 pomegranate
- 350 g white chocolate
- 200 g cream
- 50 ml Batida de Coco
- 150 g icing sugar
- 1 baby pineapple
- White chocolate chips and coconut to garnish
- Baking parchment
- Melt 50 g of butter and leave to cool. Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise, scrape out the pulp and mix with 125 g of sugar. Separate the eggs. Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites until firm whilst slowly adding the vanilla sugar. Fold in the egg yolks one by one. Combine flour, starch and baking powder, sieve onto the egg foam mixture and fold in. Fold in the melted butter
- Line the bottom of a springform pan (approx. 24 cm Ø) with baking parchment. Add and smooth the mixture. Bake in a pre-heated oven (electric: 175°C / fan: 150°C / gas: refer to manufacturer’s recommendations) for approx. 25 minutes. Place the sponge on a cake rack to cool.
- Drain and finely dice the tinned pineapple. Halve the pomegranate. Tap one half of the pomegranate to remove the seeds. Set the other half of the pomegranate aside. Roughly chop 250 g of chocolate. Heat the cream. Melt the chopped chocolate in the cream. Add Batida de Coco, mix it in and refrigerate the mixture for approx. 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk 500 g of butter and icing sugar until creamy. Gradually fold in the Batida de Coco mixture. Fold the pomegranate seeds and pineapple dices into the cream.
- Remove the sponge from the tin and slice into three layers horizontally. Place the bottom layer of sponge on a cake plate. Smoothly spread with 1/4 of the cream. Place the second layer of sponge on top. Smoothly spread with 1/4 of the cream. Place the third layer of sponge on top. Spread the remaining cream evenly on the entire cake. Refrigerate for approx. 1 hour.
- Melt 100 g of chocolate over a pan of gently simmering water. Thinly slice the baby pineapple. Tap the remaining pomegranate half to remove the seeds. Spread the chocolate on the top of the cake, allowing it to run down the sides. Garnish with pineapple slices, the remaining pomegranate seeds, chocolate chips and coconut to serve
Preparation time approx. 4 hours.
Approx. 3520 kJ, 840 kcal per serving. Protein 14 g, fat 61 g, carbohydrates 69 g